http://www.rasaint.net/ - Glitter Graphics
New Tab On Our Blog! WRITING SPOT! Have fun while learning and MERRY CHRISTMAS DEMOS, ELISABETH, JOHN, MELINA, NICK, VASILIKI, ZETA, !!!!

Monday 23 October 2017

Ways to express Future


Pay attention to the dates and the keywords!!
WILL 
12 February 2017 (probably, maybe, I think, I hope, I promise, I request, I predict, I threaten, I decided just now - on the spot )
I will spend Chrismas in London this year.
Will he spend Chrismas in London this year?
They will not (won't) spend Chrismas in London this year.

Be going to:
25 August 2017
1. For definite Plans and Intentions - I am planning to, I intend to, I have decided to -- but I haven't got the tickets yet)
I am going to spend Chrismas in London this year.
Are you going to spend Chrismas in London this year?
We aren't going to spend Chrismas in London this year.

2. For evident predictions (κάτι που προφανώς (δεν) θα συμβεί - το στηρίζω σε κάτι!)
Look at those black clouds! It is going to rain for sure!
Is it going to rain?  Look at the sky!
It isn't going to rain. The sky is clear!

Present Continuous for Future (BE + -ing) - For personal arrangements
22 November 2017 (It is all ready!, I have bought the tickets and I have booked the hotel!)
I am spending Chrismas in London this year.
Are you spending Chrismas in London this year?
We aren't spending Chrismas in London this year.

Present Simple - For timetables, schedules (schools, banks, concerts, shops, transport)
The plane takes off at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow.
Does your train leave early tomorrow?
What time does the concert start next Sunday?
The party doesn't start before 7:00 p.m. Don't come too early.

Exercises online: Exercise 1,  Exercise 2,  Exercise 3,  Exercise 4,  Exercise 5,  Exercise 6,  Exercise 7,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.